- 1 Participants
- 2 Activity in 2009
- 3 "Rapport de Caisse" / "Rapport des réviseurs de caisse"
- 4 "Décharge du Comité"
- 5 Election of the New Board
- 6 Bylaws change
- 7 Membership dues 2011
- 8 Future actions
- Cedric Brandenbourger
- Vincent Bremaud
- Joëlle Coutelier
- Thierry Coutelier
- Eric Dondelinger
- Pierre Fonck
- Brent Frère
- Alain Knaff
- Alain Louge
- Gilles Maria-Sube
- Alain Rassel
- Pierre Schumacher
- René Zenner
- Yvon Dostert
Activity in 2009
- 10 monthly meetings (most at hackerspace)
- some of which have their report online
- procedures available on this wiki (see main page), to be updated
This will be redone together with Hackerspace.
- Volunteers: David Raison, Pitt Fischer, Alain Knaff
- Interaction with LDAP (see requirements)
- When our solution will be ready, we may propose them to other associations, such as Harmonie Moutfort Medingen. In reverse, we will profit from their general experience in managing an association.
- Brent suggested we should take a look at existing software, such as Webcomité
Internet Explorer Vulnerability
We missed the occasion to profit from the well publicized IE Vulnerability in January.
We gleefully noticed that among the top 5 proposals having gathered the most votes, there are 3 proposing to save money by using more open source software in state administrations.
LLL activity in 2009
LLL activity in 2009 has been modest:
- Migration to Kubuntu 9.04
- Setting up op the administrative server as a Kubuntu LLL (used to be a plain SuSE before)
Planned/started for 2010:
- Migration to Kubuntu 10.04
- Samba LDAP integration
- Migration of Plone sites in LGL from 2.5 to 3.0
The goal of this action was to obtain a 64 bit version of the Luxtrust (Gemalto) middleware.
Several avenues have been attempted:
- Attempt to negotiate with LuxTrust: we obtained an offer for a commercial "development" but its price was out of reach: 60000€
- Attempt to decompile the LuxTrust software
- existing decompilers (Boomerang, REC, ...) were not fit for the task (no support for shared libraries, or output very poor), and none are maintained any longer
- writing our own decompiler (perl script to postprocess objdump output) looked very promising at first, but workload is beyond our means
- Stop-gap measure: set up a 32 bit system in a chroot environment
- although theoretically 32 bit libraries can exist alongside 64 bit libraries in a 64 bit system, only certain libraries are available as .debs to be installed in such a way, and we need some that aren't available. Just putting everything in a chroot was more expedient.
"Rapport de Caisse" / "Rapport des réviseurs de caisse"
Our accounting has been verified by the réviseurs de caisse and we gave décharge to the trésorier. Closing balance was 5553.75 €
"Décharge du Comité"
... has been granted.
Election of the New Board
Candidates are: Thierry Coutelier, Brent Frère, Alain Louge, David Raison, Gilles Maria-Sube, Alain Knaff
All have been voted by the assembly.
Our proposed bylaws change has been adopted with unanimity, after a minor amendment proposed by Alain Rassel. Rather than saying that honorary members become active member on request, honorary members simply declare their intention to become active.
Indeed becoming an active member is intended to be a purely administrative step, with no intention of subjecting this to board approval.
Moreover, we set the maximum amount of membership dues to 50€, rather than 30€
Membership dues 2011
- 20€ for regular members
- free for students and people without their own revenues (such as unemployed), subject to board approval on a case-by-case basis
Brent proposed his ideas:
- stickers (autocollant) to fix to your own car.
- leaflets distributed to houses (such service can be bought for 500€ for 45000 houses)
- ad words (between 50€ and 100€ per month)
- phone number for our LUG: We will get this number at no cost for us, and Brent himself volunteered to man it
- Participation in events
- Synergies with other groups with similar objectives (Ubuntu users, MCCL)
- Weekly teleconference or chatroom, 15 minutes on Monday evening, report to be posted on this wiki
Thierry added his ideas:
- improve event and member management
- put new LUG number into phone directories (currently, Thierry's private number is listed)
- organize classes (Thierry proposed to offer Kubuntu classes with support of municipalities)
- bring Linux users together
- regular contact with other groups with similar objectives (Ubuntu users, Hackerspace, MCCL, ...)
- plan posters for our booth at events
Assembly approved of both set of ideas.