we want protection (users must register to write), read protection for certain pages (internal discussions of some LUG matters), and possibly to upload data such as photos, graphs, etc ===> probably Mediawiki is most suitable for this.
- Only registered users can write (but anybody may register): good against spam
- Some pages may be write-protected (only moderators may write): good for protecting entry-level pages
- Some pages may be read-protected (only moderators may read): good for internal discussions. If this cannot be achieved within Mediawiki, we might consider setting up a second wiki for these, which would be protected by Apache's password mechanism
- Set up Mediawiki on a test machine
- Write migration script (but do not migrate just yet)
- For a time, let run both in paralell (in order not to disrupt ongoing work)
- If new wiki is stable, migrate using the scripts written in previous steps