- 1 Centenaire Esch Organization by CRP
- 2 IMPORTANT
- 3 Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
Centenaire Esch Organization by CRP
Organized by us:
- Desktop Linux presentation
"simple half-hour workshop presenting the use of a Linux desktop (i.e. use of the KDE interface, konqueror etc.) (which might be repeated a few times)"
- Jamendo concert
connection DSL temporaire pendant l'evt. cf Patrick Harpes.
Are the following useful (if not, remove):
Other activities organized by Tudor
- course: multimedia (music, photo, Sat TV...)
- course: "linux for kids"
- Date 21st and 22nd of October
- Times: présentations le matin libre.tudor.lu http://www.linuxdays.lu/agenda/esch-se-met-au-libre/esch-se-met-au-libre
- Where: Sur la place Brill "In Esch-sur-Alzette in one of the specially-built pavillons, that
will be reserved for the CRP Henri Tudor one week."
- order Kubuntu (ThierryCoutelier: done)
- hardware during event: 1 Laptop and 1 desktop is enough
Manpower during Fest
Please add your name here and say when you may come and what you want to do:
- AlainKnaff : Saturday: yes. Sunday: no, because will leave for business trip early afternoon.
- ThierryCoutelier : Saturday and Sunday
- VincentBremaud : Saturday afternoon, Sunday all the day.
- PascalSteichen : Saturday morning (for the desktop course) !! Need someone to do the course on Sunday morning !!
CRP will handle advertisement. So anything done by us would be optional, additional advertisement. So we should only do the "easy" stuff from the below list, and drop anything else that might be too time intensive.
- If time left (now rather short), we may do own poster (based on http://www.linux.lu/Fest2006/Posters).
- Hang it out in schools (prepare 4 weeks in advance, hang out 2 1/2 week in advance)
- Hang it out at work or elsewhere (only authorized places please.)
- Print as A5 and A6 flyer and distribute it (Clubs, Mailboxes, Shops ...)
- Create a WEB-banner and distribute/advertise it.
- Add the event to all calenders you know off.
- Post to all mailing lists.
- Prepare commercial advertisement.
- Prepare Press Release (for comparison: CpLinuxFest2006)
- Coordinate release: Proposed Release Date (to be defined)
- Luxemburger Wort
- La Voix du Luxembourg
- Letzebuerger Revue
- Radio 100,7
- Buy add space in Telecran
- Sipress (?) ==> coordination publicites dans presse ecrite mpk.lu presse.lu
- Spiral (?)
- Linuxmagazin & Linuxuser & Easylinux (Linux NewMedia)
- Do we make contact cards? (Visitenkaart)
- [please complete if you have more ideas & contacts]
- Luxbox newsletter
Press Release (optional, cf above) : - in French : CpLinuxFest2006 - in English :
Coordinate with Paulo Ribeiro do not send on you own.
Goodies / Freebies
- Use what we have.
L3l4zz <a href="http://ufmppvbyshyv.com/">ufmppvbyshyv</a>
Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
- [complete this list please]
Food & drinks
What kind of computers do we need, who can bring his?
- AlainKnaff: can bring 1 laptops
- VincentBremaud: 1 laptop (Saturday afternoon and Sunday the whole day), possibily 1 desktop computer
- We should have a couple of CDs of various distributions to hand out. 2 of each kind should be largely enough (most people actually have either already bought a version themselves, or buy one at our stand)
- Knoppix (possibly customized LiLux version, needs time (!), yes i think its too late now, but for next year we could think of it ...)
- Plan for enough blank CDs in case we run out of one distro
- Ubuntu & Kubuntu may be shipped mid june, we have to prepare some downloaded versions.
!! would be important to have a lot of ubuntu dapper drake CDs as the desktop course will be based on it !! (PascalSteichen: can provide some download versions, but i would be nice to have some original version, wasn't there a shipping for the LinuxFest ? we should have got them by now)
(Remove what we don't need / will be supplied by main organizer)
Everyone MAKE SURE YOU MARK YOUR ITEMS!
- Ethernet Cables
- Hubs / switches
- Spare keyboards
- Spare monitors
- Wi-Fi access point
- Demo computers
- "Dymo" labelling machine
- Astronomy programs demo