Activity in 2009
- 10 monthly meetings (most at hackerspace)
- some of which have their report online
- procedures available on this wiki (see main page), to be updated
This will be redone together with Hackerspace.
- Volunteers: David Raison, Pitt Fischer, Alain Knaff
- Interaction with LDAP (see requirements)
- When our solution will be ready, we may propose them to other associations, such as Harmonie Moutfort Medingen. In reverse, we will profit from their general experience in managing an association.
- Brent suggested we should take a look at existing software, such as Webcomité
Internet Explorer Vulnerability
We missed the occasion to profit from the well publicized IE Vulnerability end-of-January/beginning-of-February
We gleefully noticed that among the top 5 proposals having gather the most votes, there are 3 proposing to save money by using more open source software in state administrations.
Our accounting has been verified by the réviseurs de caisse and we gave décharge to the trésorier. Closing balance was 5553.75 €
... has been granted.
Candidates are: Thierry Coutelier, Brent Frère, Alain Louge, David Raison, Gilles Maria-Sube, Alain Knaff
All have been voted by the assembly.
Brent proposed his ideas:
- stickers (autocollant) to fix to your own car.
- leaflets distributed to houses (such service can be bought for 500€ for 45000 houses)
- ad words (between 50€ and 100€ per month)
- phone number for our LUG: We will get this number at no cost for us, and Brent himself volunteered to man it
- Participation in events
- "Salon des bonnes pratiques". This is a trade show promoting respect for standards and norms. In general our platform of open file formats is successful in this venue.
- "Bourse du bénévolat"
- Synergies with other groups with similar objectives (Ubuntu users, MCCL)
- Weekly teleconference or chatroom, 15 minutes on Monday evening, report to be posted on this wiki
Thierry added his ideas:
- improve event and member management
- put new LUG number into phone directories (currently, Thierry's private number is listed)
Assembly approved of both set of ideas.
Our proposed bylaws change has been adopted with unanimity, after a minor amendment proposed by Alain Rassel. Rather than saying that honorary members become active member on request, honorary members simply declare their intention to become active.
Indeed becoming an active member is intended to be a purely administrative step, with no intention of subjecting this to board approval.
Membership dues 2011
- 20€ for regular members
- free for students and people without their own revenues (such as unemployed), subject to board approval on a case-by-case basis
- organize classes (Thierry proposed to offer Kubuntu classes with support of municipalities)
- bring Linux users together
- regular contact with other groups with similar objectives (Ubuntu users, Hackerspace, MCCL, ...)
- plan posters for our booth at events