OpenOffice is a suite of Office tools with a remarkable set of feature:
The Entire Suite uses native XML file format for small, yet powerful documents.
- Ability to import many different types of documents and templates from a range of other programs.
- Ability to export to a huge range of formats from HTML to MS Office XP
- Functionality to import address book from Mozilla/ Netscape 6.x or LDAP
- Unicode support, allows more than 15 localisations of OpenOffice.org to be available.
- Enhanced printing capabilities and options.
- Autopilot guides you through creating complex document, clearly.
- Direct connection with external email software to seamlessly send your documents worldwide.
- The Stylist allows you to change the entire look of your document instantly.
- Form-letter management to send letters to addresses in a database.
- Compare changes and work collaboratively using the Versions system.
- AutoCorrect word completion speeds up your writing in a non-obtrusive and powerful way.
- Indexing and Bibliographic functions make moving around inside a document easy.
- Sophisticated layout manager that allows you to display everything you want simply and clearly.
- Create StarBASIC macros or sophisticated Add-In functions in Java or C/C++ using the OpenOffice.org API.
- Import and manipulate information from external sources (such as ODBC or JDBC databases) or other OpenOffice.org programs using DataPilot.
- Natural language formulas.
- Combine the contents of cells from several sheets with data consolidation.
- Scenario manager to perform what-if-when analysis.
- Charting tools to visualise data in 2D or 3D.
- FontWork allows you shape text for an extra effect.
- Quick and easy creation of complex 3D shapes.
- Bezier curves, for realistic smooth curves.
- Eyedropper to change any pixel color into another
- Raster tools and effects.
- Exploits all the effects and graphics tools from Draw
- AutoPilot helps you get your ideas down just how you want them.
- AutoLayout makes sure your presentations look professional.
- A number of slide effects add an extra spark to your presentation.