The structure of this report is based on those from : fipr.
The Report (TODO) :
====Implementation of the directive====
Voted on the 18.03.2004, the final text can be found at parliament site, go to Portail documentaire, -> Rôle des affaires, -> Lois votées, ->projet 5128 ->R06 (not possible to link directly to pdf)
The new law is not published yet! This will happen early April.
====Exceptions and Limitations====
In total 16 exception out of 22 have been included.
- Private copying is ok and does not differentiate between analog or digital: good.
- Libraries may continue to use digital copies: good
- Three step test is included: +/-
- Exceptions are imperative: good
====Technological protection measures====
- The Commission line is largely followed: bad
====Enforcement and penalties====
====The national debate====
- Editors, chambre de commerce and the ministry of culture were the main institutions involved in the debate.
- acceptable, except for technological measures, which will hopefully be proven a bad idea by future laws or the market.
When the report is finished you should find a PDF version here :)