m (Protected "Linuxfest2008" ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 04:00, 18 December 2011
 Linuxfest Organization 2007
(For reference, link to LinuxFest 2007)
This is our 10 year anniversary and we would like to have something special.
If possible outside:
- Tent where we server drinks and food
- Music: DJ or we could even ask for HMM to do a small concert (would bring at least their supporters)
- Children's playground. (We have already volunteers for this part)
Inside almost as always:
- Tux Café - used as show room, selling stuff and drinks and to discuss.
- Class Room for the courses.
- Class Room for the installations
- Class Room for the LAN Party
- Date July ??
- Time: Saturday 8:00 to late night, Sunday 10:00 to 19:00 or only Sunday ?
- Location LGL (Lycée de Garçons) Luxembourg Limpertsberg or somewhere better ?
- ONT website  in the agenda: Try to add Linux Fest
 Manpower during Fest
Please add your name here and say when you may come and what you want to do)
- Thierry Coutelier organization.
- Make poster (http://www.linux.lu/Fest2007/Posters). We have now possibility to print large (A0/A1) posters (in reasonable quantities) on the new plotter at the LGL.
- Go to an imprimerie to get real Poster.
- Hang it out in schools (prepare 4 weeks in advance, hang out 2 1/2 week in advance)
- Hang it out at work or elsewhere (only authorized places please.)
- Print as A5 (URL to be defined) and A6 (URL to be defined) flyer and distribute it (Clubs, Mailboxes, Shops ...)
- Create a WEB-banner and distribute/advertise it.
- Add the event to all calenders you know off.
- Post to all mailing lists.
- Prepare commercial advertisement.
- Prepare Press Release CpLinuxFest2007
- Coordinate release: Proposed Release Date (to be defined)
- Luxemburger Wort
- La Voix du Luxembourg
- Letzebuerger Revue
- Radio 100,7
- Buy add space in Telecran
- Sipress (?) ==> coordination publicites dans presse ecrite mpk.lu presse.lu
- Spiral (?)
- Linuxmagazin & Linuxuser & Easylinux (Linux NewMedia)
- Do we make contact cards? (Visitenkaart) (PascalSteichen: at least a generic one, without personal names would be great)
- [please complete if you have more ideas & contacts]
- Luxbox newsletter (cf. Eric Dondelinger - tried, but they accept submissions only from paying subscribers)
- Creating space on sendar, where photos of the Linuxfest could be downloaded. AFAIK our gallery doesn't work.
Press Release : - in French : CpLinuxFest2007 - in English :
Coordinate before sending.
 Goodies / Freebies
- Use what we have.
- Kubuntu -> Thierry will check feasibility
- make price list
- print forms to note down sales and new memberships
 Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
 "LAN Party" (actually, more of a demo for games...)
- who ?
- Get list of available native Linux games -> There are plenty of games in (K)ubuntu.
- Registration website: http://www.lilux.lu/events/llf or via http://www.lilux.lu/events/fest/2007/register.php?type=lan: New site?
- 2 game PCs should be enough
- Test in exact same configuration as being used at Fest (being careful about peripherals, such as USB mice too!)
- Organize games (2 weeks in advance)
- [complete this list please]
 Food & drinks
- Order soft drinks (Ets. Rossi in Dudelange)
- 3 boxes each of Coke, Vittel, Beer should be sufficient (1 week in advance)
- Order less ice-tea than 2005, we had leftovers! (one box of each type should be enough!)
- A few bottels of Beckerich, Viva
- Maybe some Rosport (Blue)
- Contact Transfair for
- Order Pizza in time to start at 14.00.
- Free (as in liberty) Beer: VoresOel (EricDondelinger)
- Eric will start this weekend (May 26/27)
- We should have a couple of CDs of various distributions to hand out. 2 of each kind should be largely enough
(most people actually have either already bought a version themselves, or buy one at our stand)
- Knoppix (possibly customized LiLux version, needs time (!), yes i think its too late now, but for next year we could think of it ...) -> cf. HURD :-)
- Plan for enough blank CDs in case we run out of one distro
- Ubuntu & Kubuntu: check when the official version may be shipped...
Everyone MAKE SURE YOU MARK YOUR ITEMS!
- Ethernet Cables
- Hubs / switches
- Spare keyboards
- Spare monitors
- Wi-Fi access point
- Demo computers
- "Dymo" labelling machine
- Our Goodies: I think that we should buy new goodies such as Mousepads, Baseballcaps.. with a Linux Logo. What do you think?
 For demo:
- Astronomy programs demo AlexLoes: As I am member of AAL, I will do it.
- Sun Ultra 30 running Debian
- Registration website : http://www.lilux.lu/events/llf or via http://www.lilux.lu/events/fest/2007/register.php?type=courses
- Course materials (Presentation(s), Handouts + CD )