Revision as of 11:44, 11 December 2012 by ThierryCoutelier
2 hours beginners tutorial
- Introduction: What is Free Software, What is Linux what is a Distribution (10min)
- Basic system: File system (10min)
Based on Kubuntu with KDE
- Installing/searching applications and updating system
- NetworkManager -> Configuring the network
- Firefox -> how to install and then add the flash player
- Thunderbird -> configure a mail address / configure a calendar (maybe with Goggle calendar)?
- Amarok/Banshee -> how to get music on i-XY (I don't know how myself ...)
- Digikam -> connect a camera
- Mplayer/w32codecs/CSS -> how to install to be able to look at DVDs
- AMule peer2peer ?
What other items do we do to have a fully functional system ?
- How many PC/Laptop do we need ?
- Who provides them ?
- Installation of Kubuntu